One must have a clear premise: neither online communication is definitely better than offline nor the opposite. In other words, each type of strategy has specific characteristics that can be better adapted to a specific company or moment. What’s more, in most cases, a combination of both works best, although this always depends on the company.
With this clear, next we are going to dive into the fundamentals of traditional and employee marketing through the Internet. In this way, we will be able to know thoroughly what each one offers to end users.
What Is Offline Marketing?
Put very simply, offline marketing is any strategy that is carried out to promote a company outside the Internet . In other words, the virtual channel is left aside to focus on those that are classics in the world of sales and that were already in use before the network flooded absolutely everything.
The tools used in offline marketing are known to everyone: posters , brochures , print advertising of all kinds or advertisements in newspapers, radio or television. Yes, it is advertising that we all know and that continues to be a great resource for companies. The why? Since the Internet does not reach everyone in the same way nor does it have as notable an impact as traditional offline channels.
Of course, offline campaigns are usually much more expensive than those carried out on the Internet . There are many reasons for this, such as the need to invest in physical materials or the use of employees who deliver print advertising.
It goes without saying that radio or television advertisements are expensive. These also have a huge target audience which is what continues to make many large companies bet on reaching the consumer through these channels.
The Advantages Of Offline Marketing
Does it have advantages to maintain an offline marketing campaign? Definitely. In the following list you can see some of the most outstanding in case you have doubts about it:
- The target audience for brochures or media announcements will number in the millions in many cases. There are still many people who do not use the Internet frequently, an audience that can only be reached through offline channels such as those mentioned above.
- Current techniques allow market research to focus more offline advertising on an ideal type of audience . We are talking about specific areas of the city to distribute brochures or time slots on radio and television that are more consumed by some users than by others.
- Billboards or canopies are still an excellent resource for reaching large numbers of people. In addition, they have a relatively low cost.
What Is Online Marketing?
It is now the turn of the other side of the coin. Online marketing is all that is done through virtual channels on the Internet . It is very varied, since it can integrate from email marketing to the insertion of ads on web pages or SEO and SEM positioning . As we will see, they are very sophisticated techniques to attract visits to an online store .
Maintaining a campaign of this type is usually cheaper than those that use physical means, although those of the online type need to hire a seo consultant so that they can be well designed and planned, something that is essential to achieve commercial success on the network.
The Tools Of This Type Of Marketing Are The Following:
- Website or blog : it is essential that if we want to sell a product or service online, we have a website or blog. This will serve as a platform to integrate other online marketing tools. This should be the first step to get started in the sector.
- Search engines: Google, Yahoo, etc. are the sites through which users find anything on the Internet. We include here that company that is designing an online marketing strategy. This means that you have to think about them to attract visits, something that is done through SEM and SEO positioning . The second of them, SEO, is organic and is based on the creation of quality content. Its purpose is to improve the evaluation that the search engine algorithm gives to a website or blog. It can be done with written content, links of interest and in many other ways. The other type of positioning, the SEM, is paid. It is much faster to get results with it, but also much more expensive in the long run.
- Social networks: it is impossible to launch an online marketing campaign today without taking into account the importance of channels such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or Twitter. They are the media that reach a greater number of users, so their presence in the strategy developed has to be capitalized.
The Advantages Of Online Marketing
Having the services of an online printer and a consultant specialized in SEO and SEM is essential to obtain the benefits that online marketing can offer. One of the first to take into account is that of costs. Advertising campaigns on the Internet should not be too expensive. Moreover, their prices are quite far from what it is worth to appear on television or radio, having a much greater impact than these channels on various spectra of the population.
Another great advantage of online campaigns is that they can be easily modified. If a thorough analysis of them is carried out, errors can be detected in a short time and corrected without the need for great efforts.
Finally, online campaigns reach the public that truly interests the company , and that is because they are easy to segment and personalize.
In short, online and offline marketing can shake hands and collaborate for the benefit of any company, and each type of strategy has its advantages as long as they are done professionally.