Folding screen is one of the latest innovations in this market, and therefore have been slow to reach consumers.
In this article, we will take a look at the current folding mobile phones from Huawei, Samsung and Motorola that are on the market, as well as a somewhat cheaper alternative from LG.
What Is A Folding Mobile Like?
- The idea of a folding mobile or smartphone is that its main screen can be displayed on a larger screen. Until recently this seemed like a dream, but phones with flexible and folding screens are finally a reality. The only downside is that being innovative terminals their price is somewhat higher than usual.
- There are many reasons to consider buying one of the best flip phones the next time you need a new phone. Since the newer models are big and powerful tablets, and they fold enough to fit in a pocket when not in use.
Best Folding Mobile
- After comparing current phones with the ability to fold their screen, the crown of the best mobile with a folding screen is taken by the Samsung model, the Galaxy Flod , since in addition to the folding function of its screen it has high-end specifications that they make it perform at the level of the best.
- As you can see in the comparison, the other Samsung folding mobile and the Huawei folding mobile are also up to par, but we opted for the first one due to its features and its value for money.
Mobile With Folding Screen
- We have chosen four of the best flip phones that you can buy right now, whatever your needs and your budget.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- The latest folding phone on the market is the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip with a design similar to that of another’s shell or clam. It has a 6.7-inch full screen, but the secondary screen is smaller at 1.1-inch when folded. However, the specifications of the Galaxy
- Flip are definitely the best in the foldable mobile market. There is a Snapdragon 855 processor, 8GB of RAM, and 256GB of storage .
- There are two 12MP rear cameras and one 10MP front camera. The phone also comes with a 3,300mAh battery and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. Like most foldable phones, the Galaxy Z Flip comes at a high price.
Samsung Galaxy Fold
- The Samsung Galaxy Fold is a foldable phone that articulates along the vertical axis rather than the horizontal. Its design has a lot in common with the new Motorola Razr, but instead of stretching out to offer an ultra-wide screen, the Fold opens to reveal a 7.5-inch QXGA + Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display that is ideal for drawing with the Samsung. S-Pen.
- In its compressed form, the Galaxy Fold looks and functions like any smartphone. Its cover has a 4.6-inch HD + Super AMOLED external display, ideal for messages and calls, and its narrow body makes it much easier to carry in your pocket than a Samsung Galaxy Note.
- The Samsung Galaxy Fold also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, 12GB of RAM, 512GB of storage, and two batteries totaling 4,380mAh. It has six cameras: three on the rear, one on the front, and two on the inside.
Huawei Mate XS
- Huawei Mate XS looks a lot like the original Mate X in terms of design (its first folding phone). When folded, it has a 6.6-inch screen, but when unfolded it turns into a great 8-inch tablet.
- The screen has two layers of polymer on top to better protect it from scratches. Inside, the Mate XS uses Huawei’s Kirin 990 processor instead of the old Kirin 980. It is also compatible with 5G networks and its two batteries can be charged up to 85% in just 30 minutes thanks to the 55W fast charge technology. of the company.
- The phone is already available in all parts of the world, although it has the same drawbacks as all Huawei, it comes without Google’s mobile services.
- The Motorola Razr is a worthy successor to the popular Razr V3, and combines the classic design of this phone with cutting-edge technology.
- The differential point of the new Razr is its screen, which folds out to offer you an extra-wide 6.2-inch 21: 9 screen that is very well suited for creative work. When folded, a 2.7-inch square screen can still be used on the outside to check notifications, control media, and more like taking pictures.
- Unlike the Samsung Galaxy Fold, which we have looked at second, there is no visible seam on the screen where it flexes, and the screen is bright and sharp.
- When you’re done using it, fold it up and you’ve got a compact, palm-sized block that fits easily into a pocket. The hinge adds a bit of bulk, but the folding mechanism is very nice.
- The specifications of the new Motorola Razr folding phone are not what you find on most flagships. It has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor inside along with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. It also has a small 2,510mAh battery and comes with Android 9 Pie operating system.
- Its cameras are not one of its strong points but it still equips a Razr 8 MP rear camera which is sufficient to capture still images and basic videos.
- The worst of all is that it is not currently available in the European market, so we will have to wait if we opt for this model.